Structure of EENeT
With the aim of co-ordinating the work content of the EENeT and representing the network vis-à-vis third parties, a Steering Committee has been appointed.
The Steering Committee is currently composed of six EENeT members, representatives from the following countries/institutions:
- Austria, Federal Agency for State Protection and Counter Terrorism (BVT)
- Belgium, Coordination Organ for the Analysis of the Threat (OCAM/OCAD)
- Germany, Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA)
- Italy, Catholic University (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore)
- Netherlands, National Coordinator for Security and Counterterrorism (NCTV)
- United Kingdom, International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS)
The EENeT Administrative Office is currently located at the German Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).
The office's main duties are membership administration and acting as a kind of intersection for messages and requests within the EENeT.
Please contact the Administrative Office via e-mail: contact
Annual EENeT Conference
The EENeT Conference provides EENeT members with the opportunity to present ongoing studies and discuss current questions about the phenomenon of terrorism.
The venue and organisation rotate on an annual basis amongst the members.
Up to now six conferences have been held:
2013 - in Cambridge/UK, organised by RAND Europe and the German Federal Agency for Civic Education - bpb
2012 - in Budapest/HU, organised by the National Institute of Criminology - NIC with logistic support from the International Training Centre of the Ministry of Interior - ITC
2011 - cancelled
2010 - in Brussels/BE, organised by the Coordinating Body for Threat Analysis - OCAM/OCAD
2009 - in Vienna/AT, organised by the Federal Agency for State Protection and Counter Terrorism - BVT
2008 - in The Hague/NL, organised by the National Coordinator for Counterterrorism – NCTb – now NCTV
2007 - in Wiesbaden/DE, organised by the Federal Criminal Police Office - BKA
This years conference will take place from 12th to 14th of November in Ávila/Spain,
hosted by the National Police of Spain,
co-funded by the Prevention of and Fight against Crime Programme of the European Union
The forthcoming annual EENeT conferences as well as specific subgroup meetings will be subject of the project
European Expert Network on Terrorism Issues (EENeT) - Focussing Radicalisation June 2014 - Mai 2016.
Despite EENeT's relatively short history, the network has already developed and established several channels and procedures for networking:
- Notice-Board: All members may send information or requests about ongoing studies, research questions, conferences and any other relevant information referring to the phenomenon of terrorism to the EENeT Administrative Office, where the messages are gathered and disseminated to all members through sporadically sent Notice Boards.
- Website: The Internet platform may also be used to place relevant information for longer periods.
- Contact Lists: The Administrative Office disseminates within the network lists with contact details of the EENeT members, so that the members may also maintain contact at bilateral level.
- Sub-Groups: The members may team up EENeT subgroups, to discuss and work on specific issues within smaller working groups.